1. Production for customers’ safety and security
- Toyota has a factory in South Africa, Toyota South Africa Motors(Pty) Ltd (Annual production of 220 thousand units).
- CKD production in Egypt and Kenya.
- Toyota South Africa Motors meets Toyota’s standards with an emphasis on quality, durability and reliability. When a vehicle roads off the production, it is filled with all the pride that is Toyota.
Please watch the movie for the details of production quality.
- Toyota always pursues ”Customer First” and ”Quality First”, aiming for always a better car exceeding customers' expectation. This is based on the realization of Quality, Durability and Reliability.
2. Toyota’s sales and service network in Africa
Operations in all 54 countries with strong sales service and distribution network
(439 sales points, 534 service points, as of Oct 2019)
Automotive business operation in pan African region
Precaution against Corona virus at dealer outlet to keep you safe, Toyota dealers have implemented some precautions and protocols to make your safety their priority.
Based on Toyota's founding principle of contributing to society by making automobiles, we have been striving to the sustainable growth of society.
We set environment, traffic safety, and education as the three global priority fields for our initiatives, in addition to making social contributions through our main business. We also hold social, cultural and other activities according to the social needs on each country or region, utilizing our resources of technology and expertise, etc. In addition, we focus on volunteering and passing on automotive and manufacturing cultures to the next generation in order to enrich the lives of communities.
To contribute to sustainable development in Africa, Toyota Tsusho actively works on CSR activities, such as providing medical supplies, and maintenance parts for the Toyota vehicles that support people's lives, in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Africa.
And also, Toyota Tsusho has decided to support the activities of WFP (World Food Programme), sympathizing with their philosophy to eradicate hunger and poverty amongst the poorest and most food-insecure countries and populations.
*WFP does not endorse any product or service.
CSR activities in some country:
- Toyota South Africa Motors (TSAM) has donated close to 50 000 face shields and masks to the local health institutions of KwaZulu-Natal, as well as other personal protective equipment (PPE) paraphernalia to schools in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal. (2020)
- TSAM donated more than 65 000 litres of sanitisers to the local taxi industry. (2020)
4. Introduction of Toyota Tsusho Corporation
Sales of Toyota vehicles in Africa is operated by Toyota Tsusho Corporation(TTC). In the spirit of ”WITH AFRICA FOR AFRICA”, TTC conducts following businesses.
- Contributing to industrialization through local production and MaaS (Mobility SBU)
- Healthcare business supporting the medical field in Africa (Healthcare SBU)
- Supporting small-lot production through a multi purpose plant (Consumer Goods SBU)
- Encouraging industrial development through energy development (Technology & Energy SBU)
For further information about Toyota Tsusho, please visit the Toyota Tsusho Corporate Website.